A new recipe just in time for Pancake Day! Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) is officially the last day before Lent to overindulge on treats in preparation to give them up for 40 days in the lead up to Easter. Our Chocco-Orange pancakes mean that your sweet tooth doesn’t need to get left out at the cost of messing up your diet! These pancakes are easy to make and are gluten free, and packed with over 30g of protein! Not bad for a Shrove Tuesday treat!
The Pancakes: What You Need
3 tbsp Groovy Food Coconut Flour
25ml Alpro Almond Milk
1tsp Baking Soda
1tsp MyProtein Cacao Powder
1 sachet of WheyBox Chocolate Orange Flavour Protein
1tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Meridian Peanut Butter
Chia Seeds (for decoration)
Clarks Maple Syrup (To drizzle)
Orange (for decoration)/ or dried fruit; coconut flakes are perfect!
Whipping Them Up
- Begin by mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder, protein powder, cacao)
2. Mix in the 3 eggs, milk & peanut butter (if you do not want to use it as a topping), to a smooth batter.
3. Put a tablespoon of coconut oil into a frying pan ready to make the pancakes!
4. Put a spoon full of batter into the pan and cook through until it is brown!
5. The mixture will make a stack of 5 or 6 pancakes depending on how large they are. Add toppings as you prefer. Orange slices or berries would be a great addition, but whatever tickles your fancy will work!
Good food should have to boring or let you miss out on your favourite treats! Let us know if you made our pancakes or even suggest other pancake ideas / recipes you made for Pancake Day! Can’t wait to hear from you all!